Journalist Slobodan Vaskovic published on his blog 16 reasons why holding the referendum on the 25th of September would be fatal for the RS.
- The referendum is necessary only for Dodik, not the RS, because Dodik, after decades of lying about holding various referendums, must finally try to actually keep one in order to show that he is not the total fraud.
- The referendum should not be held, because only Milorad Dodik and his anti-people politics need it as an attempt to prevent a complete collapse of the rating, while for the RS and its citizens it is completely unnecessary and could be easily converted into a burden around the neck of the entire nation.
- The referendum on the Day of the RS should not be held and anyone who works on its promotion is actually working against the RS and on its further destruction.
- The referendum should not be held because it is useless and after its maintenance the decision of the Constitutional Court of BiH on the cancellation of the 9th of January as the Day of the RS still remains in force.
- The referendum should not be held, because a complaint was submitted to the Constitutional Court of BiH, and the answer was not released yet.
- The referendum should not be held, because all parties have already rejected this decision and announced that they will continue to celebrate the 9th of January as the Day of RS, thus the referendum is completely unnecessary, since it will not bring anything new.
- The referendum should not be held because of the possibility of a new law according to which any date, including the 9th of January, could be declared as the Day of the RS.
- The referendum should not be held, because it only contributes to the radicalization of inter-ethnic and inter-entity relations, as well as additional deterioration of relations with the International Community, primarily the West that is led by the US.
- The referendum should not be held because the RS insists on respecting the Dayton Agreement, so it is nonsense that it does not respect the institutions that are established by the same Dayton Agreement, i.e. the Constitutional Court of BiH.
- The referendum should not be held, because that act will be characterized as the crudest violation of the Dayton Agreement by the International Community that will undertake sanctions, which could range from complete isolation to even more serious consequences for the RS.
- The referendum should not be held, because the RS could be cut in half after it, and it is valid to ask ourselves whether any of Serbian politicians thought about it and what are they going to do if such scenario occurs after all. And it is quite obvious!
- The referendum should not be held because the Russians will not do anything to protect the RS.
- The referendum should not be held because none of the politicians, nor the RS and its authorities, are not able to offer any valid resistance/response to the coup that will follow after it.
- The referendum should not be held because it is a very bad political decision, and in a situation that the Authorities of the RS are completely principled, which is very doubtful, considering the fact that the National Assembly of the RS already made a decision to hold a referendum on the existence of the Court of BiH and Prosecution of BiH, which was never published in the Official Gazette, nor the referendum was held.
- The referendum should not be held because no one serious will recognize its results. All those who are clapping the shoulders of the organizers of the referendum because of this unnecessary and senseless decisions, are just pushing them deeper in the dirt, not supporting them.
- The referendum should not be held, because it will produce countless new referendums that will be organized by Bosniaks in each local community in which they make a majority in the RS, who will vote for separation from the RS.