By using this site, you agree to the Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.
Accept
Sarajevo TimesSarajevo TimesSarajevo Times
  • HOME
  • POLITICS
    • BH & EU
  • BUSINESS
  • BH TOURISM
  • INTERVIEWS
    • BH & EU
    • BUSINESS
    • ARTS
  • SPORT
  • ARTS
    • CULTURE
    • ENTERTAINMENT
  • W&N
Search
  • ABOUT US
  • IMPRESSUM
  • NEWSLETTER
  • CONTACT
© 2022 Foxiz News Network. Ruby Design Company. All Rights Reserved.
Reading: Croatia claims that BiH’s Right to the High Seas Access has not been endangered
Share
Font ResizerAa
Sarajevo TimesSarajevo Times
Font ResizerAa
  • HOME
  • POLITICS
  • BUSINESS
  • BH TOURISM
  • INTERVIEWS
  • SPORT
  • ARTS
  • W&N
Search
  • HOME
  • POLITICS
    • BH & EU
  • BUSINESS
  • BH TOURISM
  • INTERVIEWS
    • BH & EU
    • BUSINESS
    • ARTS
  • SPORT
  • ARTS
    • CULTURE
    • ENTERTAINMENT
  • W&N
Follow US
  • ABOUT US
  • IMPRESSUM
  • NEWSLETTER
  • CONTACT
© 2012 Sarajevo Times. All rights reserved.
Sarajevo Times > Blog > POLITICS > Croatia claims that BiH’s Right to the High Seas Access has not been endangered
POLITICS

Croatia claims that BiH’s Right to the High Seas Access has not been endangered

Published: February 13, 2021
Share
SHARE

The Ministry of Foreign and European Affairs of the Republic of Croatia rejected as unfounded the diplomatic note sent by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Bosnia and Herzegovina (BiH) in January due to the announcement of the proclamation of an exclusive economic zone (EEZ) in the Croatian part of the Adriatic Sea.

Bisera Turkovic, the Minister of Foreign Affairs of BiH, intervened due to the announcement of the proclamation of the EEZ, claiming that this would endanger the rights of BiH, ie its right to access the high seas.

In its response to Sarajevo, the Ministry of Foreign and European Affairs said it saw no reason for such a reaction because there was no violation of international law in this case, with which high officials of BiH, such as current BiH Presidency Chairman Milorad Dodik, agreed with.

In December last year, the Croatian Minister of Foreign and European Affairs, Gordan Grlic Radman, directly informed Minister Turkovic about all plans to declare the EEZ, while Croatian Ambassador to BiH Ivan Sabolic informed the Chairman of the Council of Ministers of BiH, and even Dodik later said that the proclamation of the EEZ does not call into question the rights of BiH.

“It should be considered that the rights of BiH have not been violated in the process of declaring the EEZ by Croatia and that this country is behaving correctly in that regard. In order to swim to high seas (more precisely the international waters) from BiH, you need to pass through territorial waters of Croatia, and that is clear to anyone who looks at the map except Turkovic, ” said Dodik, commenting on a note which was earlier sent from Sarajevo to Zagreb on January 27th.

Considering these facts, the Ministry of Foreign and European Affairs informed the BiH Ministry of Foreign Affairs that it could not accept their note as legitimate and official positions of BiH in this regard.

The proclamation of the EEZ of Croatia will take effect today, and the Ministry of Foreign and European Affairs stresses that it will not cause any consequences for BiH because the legal regime of the protected ecological-fishing zone of Croatia (in Bosnian: ZERP) has been applied to that country since 2003. which now becomes an IGP.

The Ministry of Foreign and European Affairs reminds that Croatia provided unhindered access to and from the shores of BiH to the ZERP, under its obligations arising from the United Nations Convention on the Law of the Sea (UNCLOS), Klix.ba writes.

President of RS: There’s no Consensus for a Referendum about the Independence of RS
Hadzidedic: Ethnonationalist Policies are bringing Bosnia to the Edge of Final Disintegration
Mate Rimac founded Technological Park Livno
Analysis: increase in Credit Card Payments in BiH
BiH Ambassador Declares ‘I Am Not Accountable to the Ministry, I Represent Serbia’
TAGGED:#BiH#high
Share This Article
Facebook Whatsapp Whatsapp Telegram Threads Bluesky Email Print
Share
What do you think?
Love0
Sad0
Happy0
Sleepy0
Angry0
Dead0
Wink0
Previous Article Head of the Centar Municipality met with Representatives of the Central Bank
Next Article Persons suspected of Obstruction of Investigation into Death of Dzenan Memic in One Month Custody
Leave a Comment Leave a Comment

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

You must be logged in to post a comment.

Stay Connected

10.2kFollowersLike
10.1kFollowersFollow
414FollowersFollow

Latest News

BiH Footballer Kerim Alajbegovic says Goodbye to Austrian Red Bull Salzburg
May 16, 2026
Podgorica and Belgrade exchange messages after Vucic’s Statement on Montenegro’s Independence Day
May 16, 2026
Budimir: We have the most prepared Police Agency in BiH
May 16, 2026
Construction of the New Mostar Airport Terminal Worth 1.5 Million Begins
May 16, 2026
He Was a Yugoslav Sports Legend, Now Facing Hard Times: “I Collect Bottles, I Am Not Ashamed”
May 16, 2026
New Adrenalin Attraction Overlooking the Neretva: Via Ferrata “Prenjska Vrata” for the Brave and Adventurous
May 16, 2026
A Major Turnaround in Pretis: Instead of Huge Profit – a Multi-Million Loss
May 16, 2026
Motorway Sections in the Federation of Bosnia and Herzegovina to Open in 2026
May 16, 2026
Modest Economic Recovery: Can Bosnia and Herzegovina Sustain a Positive Trend?
May 16, 2026
“The CHALLENGE” Exhibition on Italian Sports Design Opens at the Olympic Museum Sarajevo
May 16, 2026
Sarajevo TimesSarajevo Times
Follow US
© 2012 Sarajevo Times. All Rights Reserved.
  • ABOUT US
  • IMPRESSUM
  • NEWSLETTER
  • CONTACT
Go to mobile version
Welcome Back!

Sign in to your account

Username or Email Address
Password

Lost your password?