Classes suspended in all Schools in Una-Sana Canton

March 12, 2020 4:00 PM

 

Crisis Staff for combating coronavirus in the Una-Sana Canton (USC), according to the recommendations of the Federation of Bosnia and Herzegovina Crisis Staff suspended classes in all primary and secondary schools, as well as at universities starting from March 13th until March 29th.

“In addition to suspension of classes, we will also cancel most cultural and sports events to prevent mass gatherings of people. I have to emphasize that we are doing this preventively, because in the canton area, we do not have cases of coronavirus infection registered for now,” said Minister of Health of the Una-Sana Canton Nermina Cemalovic.

The Federal Minister of Health Vjekoslav Mandic said at a press conference on Wednesday that the epidemiological situation in the FBiH is still stable but also requires the maximum responsibility of each individual.

The decision to suspend classes will be formally announced during the day to all schools and universities.

These measures are taken following the coronavirus situation in Europe as well as in the region.

All levels of government in Bosnia-Herzegovina claim that the epidemiological situation regarding the country’s coronavirus is not dramatic. In BiH, seven cases of infection with this virus have been confirmed so far, Vijesti.ba news portal reports.

At the Clinical Center of the University of Sarajevo, samples of three other patients from the city of Zenica were tested.

The two were confirmed to be coronavirus positive. Patients tested positive for a coronary test are the daughter and son-in-law of a woman who was confirmed to have coronavirus the day before.

In the past week, three cases have been confirmed in Banja Luka. The first two cases are of a man who arrived from Italy and his minor son, and the authorities later announced that a man from Celinac was also infected. Yesterday it was confirmed that the daughter of a man from Celinac was also infected.

There are currently 248 people in isolation in the Federation of BiH, and 257 in RS under medical supervision.

Bosnia and Herzegovina has officially banned entry to foreigners coming from the countries where there are most cases of infected people with coronavirus, Vijesti.ba news portal reports.

The Border Police of Bosnia and Herzegovina has issued an order to all field offices at our country’s border crossings to ban persons from Italy, Iran, South Korea and certain parts of China, namely the Hubei provinces and the city of Wuhan, from entering the country.

As confirmed by the Border Police, the order was sent to all field offices and they are already acting on it.

The decision came into force immediately after Bosnian Border Police Director Zoran Galic received an official request from Bosnian Security Minister Fahrudin Radoncic last night to act in accordance with his authority. Earlier, Minister Radoncic received the full support of the Council of Ministers Chairman Zoran Tegeltija for this decision, as well as the entity Prime Ministers Fadil Novalic and Radovan Viskovic.

 

Tags:

Leave a Reply

You must be logged in to post a comment.

Modalert 200mg : Buy modalert 200