The Roof of a Starting Station of the Trebevic Cable Car is being installed

At a starting station of the Trebevic cable car, the roof of the construction was installed yesterday, which is a final stage in the construction of the facility with the most modern solutions in the construction industry.

At the end of January, the first test drive was successfully completed after the Trebevic cable car test gondolas were installed.

There will be 33 cabins in operation of the cable car, each with 10 seats, with a capacity of 1.200 passengers per hour. Instead of the past 12 minutes, a new cable car will take you to Trebevic in seven minutes and 15 seconds.

Apart from that, Trebevic cable car started to operate in the capital of Bosnia and Herzegovina (BiH) in 1959. It linked Bistrik at 583 meters above sea level with Vidikovac, located at 1.160 meters above sea level at Trebevic, and it was designed and built by the Czech Republic.

With a length of 2.100 meters, the Trebevic cable car was the largest in the region at that time. The cable car had especially solemn look in 1984, when Sarajevo hosted the Winter Olympics. The cable car, one of the Sarajevo symbols, was completely destroyed during the aggression in BiH from 1992 to 1995.

The idea of ​​rebuilding the Trebevic cable car after long years after the war in BiH was unrealized due to the unresolved property and legal relations between the City of Sarajevo and the owner of the cable car, the GRAS Public Utility Company, which last year gave permission to the City of Sarajevo, so that it could take over the cable car.



Leave a Comment