138,932 tourist arrivals in Bosnia and Hercegovina in October

January 3, 2019 7:00 PM

In October 2018 tourists realized 138,932 tourist arrivals in Bosnia and Hercegovina which represent the decrease by 11.2% as compared to September 2018 and increase by 12.3% as compared to October 2017. Tourists realized 267,162 tourist nights which represent the decrease by 14.6% as compared to September 2018 and increase by 11.9% as compared to October 2017. Domestic tourists share of the total number of overnight stays was 26.5% and foreign tourists share was 73.5%.

According to BiH’s Agency for Statistics, the number of domestic tourist nights decreased by 16.2% as compared to September 2018 and increased by 6.4% as compared to October 2017. Foreign tourist nights decreased by 13.9% as compared to September 2018 and increased by 14.0% as compared to October 2017.

Concerning the structure of foreign tourist nights in October 2018, the most of them (56.7%) were realised by tourists from: Croatia (14.9%), Germany (9.5%), Serbia (6.9%), China (6.6%), Slovenia (6.4%), Italy (5.0%), Turkey (3.9%) and the USA (3.5%). Tourists from other countries realised 43.3% of tourist nights.

Regarding the average detention of foreign tourist stays in our country on the first place comes Iceland with an average stay by 4.9 nights, Ireland with 3.5 nights, Kuwait wiht 3.2 nights, France with 3.1 and Ukraine and Qatar with 2.9 nights.

Available rooms, apartments and camping sites for tourists in Bosnia and Herzegovina in October 2018 amounted to 19,850 which is 5.8% increase compared to October 2017. Number of available beds was 41,701 beds, which is increase by 5,2%, compared to the same month of 2017.

In October 2018, in the activity – Hotels and similar accommodation, number of rooms and apartments available to tourists amounted to 17,418, which is an increase of 5.1% compared to October 2017., and the number of available beds amounted to 35.149 which is an increase of 4.6%, compared to the same month of the previous year.

Net occupancy rate of permanent beds was 22.1%.

According to the type of accommodation facility, the highest number of nights was recorded in Hotels and similar accommodation with a share of 91.9%.

Tags:

Leave a Reply

You must be logged in to post a comment.

Modalert 200mg : Buy modalert 200