On that 1st May, former tram at horse traction has been changed by the electric tram with a route from the Railway station to the Latin bridge.
Sarajevo is the first city in Europe to had all-day tram line. Line was opened for the New year 1885, as a trial, and it that time, trams were run by horses.
The first electric tram had two doors, and could accommodate 24 passengers.
Although at the beginning, there was small amount of people using tram, but after a year, that number increased significantly which required certain changes in the traffic regime.
Thus, the line has been extended to the City Hall, and year after, a line that passed through Titova street to Cathedral has been launched. Obala and Titova street were connected with rails through Bascarsija in 1923. Depot was built behind the Tobacco factory.