The Beginning of the Construction of TPP Banovici by the End of the Year?

June 25, 2017 1:00 PM

TPP Banovici akta.ba 2The long-awaited construction of the Thermal Power Plant (TPP) Banovici should start by the end of this year, as confirmed by the manager of the sector for the construction, Avdija Mumic.

Mumic said that preparatory activities on the realization of the project of TPP Banovici are going according to the planned dynamics.

The process of closing the financial construction with a consortium of Chinese banks, which is led by Industrial and Commercial Bank of China (ICBC), is currently taking place.

The value of the entire project, according to Mumic, amounts to around 305 million EUR, of which 85 % will be funded by the consortium of Chinese banks and the remaining 15 % by the domestic banks.

It is estimated for the construction to last for 40 months, and if they start within the planned deadline, TPP Banovici should be put into operation in 2021.

“The construction of this block will ensure normal operation of the coal mine Banovici, since this mine has reserves of coal for two blocks like this, and this block is of great importance to Banovici, Canton Tuzla, as well as the entire BiH, considering that it will bring energy stability to our country,” said Mumic.

This project is one of the largest energy projects in the FBiH, together with the Block 7 of TPP Tuzla with the power of 450 MW and the block in TPP Kakanj.

Moreover, the realization of this project will result in the opening of new workplaces as well.

(Source: A. K./Klix.ba)

Tags:

Leave a Reply

You must be logged in to post a comment.

Modalert 200mg : Buy modalert 200